Today marks the one year anniversary since my last affiliation with a church.
One year ago today, I was asked to resign from a job I was good at. A job that I met all the qualifications for. A job where I had volunteers who supported me - just not all the right ones in the right places.
I gave this job my heart, my everything. I did cartwheels for this job. I put my friend and family on hold to give even more to this job. I even believed them when they said I was the problem.
And one year ago today, even thought I did everything they asked, I was told that I didn't belong on the bus.
Apparently, I'm not that person.
Not entirely sure what that person is, but I am not them.
So one year ago today, I was forced to redefine myself. Even if it was against my will.
No comments:
Post a Comment