Monday, January 19, 2009

19/365 We Go On

As I posted yesterday, I misheard the lyrics to the Illuminations song at first and thought they were "We Belong"

Turns out it's actually "We Go On". (Full lyrics at the end of this post)

In light of the last year, those are even more appropriate. It was nearly one year to the date since I separated from my last body of believers. In fact, it was 1 year ago tomorrow since I last innocently fellowshipped with believers. 

Going On has become a theme in my life and the inspiration for this blog. How to go on when what you thought you knew turns out to be different. How to go on when your identity is whisked away. How to go on and redefine yourself, your beliefs and your future. 

How to go on. 

So today, I take solace in this song:

"We Go On"


Music score composed, produced, and conducted by Gavin Greenaway
“We Go On” Illuminations Lyrics by Don Dorsey 
(c)1999 by Walt Disney Music Co.
Song performed by Kellie Coffey

With the stillness of the night
there comes a time to understand
to reach out and touch tomorrow 
take the future in our hand 

We can see a new horizon 
built on all that we have done 
and our dreams begin another
thousand circles 'round the sun 

We go on 
to the joy and through the tears 
We go on 
to discover new frontiers 
Moving on 
with the current of the years 

We go on 
moving forward, now as one 
Moving on 
with a spirit born to run 
Ever on 
with each rising sun 

To a new day
We go on

We go on 


No comments:

Post a Comment