Tuesday, January 20, 2009

20/365 A gift to be simple

Today, my heart is full as our country begins a new era. We have new president and a new face. Today is a day of hope, joy and celebration!

Just before Obama was inaugurated, Yo Yo Ma, Itzhak Pearman, Anthony McGill and Gabriella Montero played some lovely music. I was reminded of these lyrics:

'Tis the gift to be simple,
'tis the gift to be free,
'tis the gift to come down
where we ought to be,
and when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gained
to bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed,
to turn, turn, will be our delight
till by turning, turning we come round right.



I do feel as if we have found ourselves in the place just right today. 



1 comment:

Suz said...

I was singing along with tears, smiling a big smile...

Post a Comment