Logically, I understood. I had my job to do - work, college, life - they had theirs to do. But I wanted so much to be a part of that. I found myself wondering if the summer was a one time thing, if that was as close as I'd get to being a part of that bigger picture.
But then, a few weeks back into real life, I was extended an invitation. It was to join the rest of the children's ministry staff along with other staff members and a few key volunteers to a one day conference in Broward (about an hour away from us). The conference was being done by Willow Creek - soon to be nicknamed "the Mother Ship" - and was a chance for other churches to see how they did things.
I was excited to be going and learning something new, but even more so, I was thrilled to be included.
No comments:
Post a Comment