I had been volunteering in church for years, but never as a job. That summer though, I took a full time summer intern job. My title - Children's Ministry Intern. My job description - assist with summer activities for the Elementary aged group. That included SSS (Super Summer Spectacular aka Vacation Bible School) and Kids Kamp (sleep away camp for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders).
I was ECSTATIC! For a while, I had felt that my dream job would be in ministry. I loved working with children, helping families and working alongside volunteers who love God and are committed to serving children. I just figured that someday in my life, I would end up working for a church. So getting the chance to do it that summer was a dream come true.
I went into it with some expectations. I expected to be a part of a great team. I expected to be challenged and stretched. I expected to be respected. I expected to be incredibly tired from working very hard.
Some expectations were met, others were not. Some things were very surprising.
I'll try to get into it over the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment