Wednesday, March 18, 2009

77/365 Ten Years Ago (part 13)

Camp ended, life went on. I still worked there for another two weeks, but during that time there were other trips happening. Trips that the big boss had to go on. So she was gone. 

Also, that is pretty much the time when people take their vacations. So for about a whole week, I was the only one in the office. I worked through how I felt and found myself blaming most of the bad stuff on everyone being tired and busy. 

I focused on the positive stuff, which there was a LOT of. I realize I spend more time talking about the bad, but there was so much great stuff. 

I learned SO much that summer. I realized I was capable of more than I had known, I also realized I had so much more to know. I thought I pretty much had bible knowledge down, but after a whole summer of being responsible for creating spiritual lessons for children, I was put in my place. I had a lot more to learn and I was excited about it. 

I also learned that working in a church isn't a perfect world. It's not a rosy perfect place. It's more like going to Disney World and seeing the person who plays Mickey Mouse with the head off. A lot of the mystery was gone and I saw the real side. It was a shock and I had a lot to process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment