Wednesday, March 11, 2009

70/365 Ten Years Ago (part 7)

The week of....


The first part of the week went pretty well. It was the short camp - 2 days and 1 night for our younger students. Just a little taste of a sleep away camp. Enough to enjoy it, not long enough to be homesick. 

Speaking went well. I was nervous as heck, but I gave it my best shot. We had the BEST counselors and super fun kids. As always, the food and music were awesome. The camp went by way too quickly. It felt like I blinked and the day was over. I loved it. I loved it all. 

Don't get me wrong, it was hard work. I think I maybe slept 5 hours in two days. I sweated and cried and worked by butt off. The whole time I was either arranging an activity, counseling with someone or preparing the message. But I was completely in my element. 

If only the rest of the time could have gone so smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment