Saturday, March 7, 2009

66/365 Ten years ago (part 5)

That's my job???????


As the weeks were counting down rapidly, more and more was left undone. Especially some of the most important stuff. It seemed like we were spending all of our time on surface stuff: t-shirt design, pretty schedule posters, counselor games. But the big stuff: cabin devotionals (the materials that the counselors used to have spiritual times with kids) were left unwritten. This was the whole point! Kids can play games and swim anywhere - the point of camp was to reach them and connect with them on a personal level!

But as I said before, everything that summer was strange. Because of job shuffling, no one was entirely sure who was responsible for what. As camp time was approaching, I realized that I needed answers and I needed them now. 

So I pushed. I asked multiple times a day who was doing the devos, when they were going to be done, what they were going to say, etc. I kept getting no where. I was assured that my boss' boss was in charge of them and would get them done. 

But then, surprise surprise, I found out the devos weren't done. And it was now my job to get them done. 

As excited as I was to get a chance to contribute to something that I felt was so incredibly important, I was also ticked off. Majorly. Why was I the only one who seemed to think this was so important? 

No comments:

Post a Comment