Just a little less than a week before camp was set to begin, I received a surprise. I was going to be the camp speaker for the shorter 2 day, 1 night camp.
SURPRISE!!!!!!
The role of camp speaker is a rather important one. The camp speaker is the preacher for the whole camp. That person crafts and delivers the messages to the campers. It's huge! Normally one of the pastors at the church does this.
Never has an intern done it.
But I was told that since there was so much going on, that I was more than capable enough to do it.
I was shocked, surprised and yes, flattered. It was a huge compliment and I was psyched. I was also terrified. Teaching a small group of kids for 10 minutes during a Sunday School hour was one thing, leading a sermon time for kids at camp was another. It's a much longer time slot and just all around big.
I prepared, I met with the pastor speaking at the older kids camp to make sure that our messages lined up with each others, I prayed and prayed and prayed.
I knew at that moment that the week of camp just became much, much bigger.
No comments:
Post a Comment