Sunday, February 15, 2009

46/365 College studies

As I moved through my first year of college and into my second, I experienced a few things. 

Heartbreak. 

Love.

Loss.

Friendship.

New jobs.

Leaving old jobs.

Figuring out who I was. 

Through all this, I was taking classes and working. I entered college with a major in Psychology that was truly an undecided major. Somewhere in my second semester, I changed it to Education. I figured I enjoyed working with children and was good at it - so why not?

By my second year, I was knee deep in Religious Studies classes. It started as just that first one required one and slowly grew from there. I took another class, then the next semester just one more. Then I found two classes being offered at the same time I was really interested in. So I took two that semester. 

Before I knew it - I had taken over 20 credits in just Religious Studies courses - more than enough for a minor. So, why not add a minor? 

I kept on taking classes that interested me and continued my education. Some of my favorites were the ones that focused on Judeo Christian history. I loved seeing how the stories I had heard since childhood came to be. I adored studying the archeology and science of it. I loved reading the history that confirmed some events. 

But I also deeply loved studying African religions, Easter religions and religious myths and development. I loved seeing how things were connected and how more often than not they complimented each other rather than contradicting each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment