Wednesday, February 4, 2009

34/365 Summers

From that very first camp I attended, I fell in love with summers. Summer meant a break from school and routine. Summer meant down time, swimming and hanging out with friends. Summer also meant camp. 

From the time I was 13 - 18, I got to attend camp as a camper. But once I graduated high school, I was too old to be a camper. Imagine my joy when I realized I could now go as a camp counselor!!!!!!!!!

I started being a camp counselor at church camp while I was still a camper. That last year, after I graduated high school and attended my last camp as a camper, I was an assistant counselor as the elementary camp. I absolutely loved it. I loved being the one to make the kids laugh and have a great time. I was shocked when the parents trusted me with their kids and thrilled to hear the kids later say how much they loved having me as their counselor. I was hooked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment