Saturday, January 21, 2012

Telling the grandparents

Keeping my pregnancy a secret through Christmas and New Years was hard, especially since we celebrated both with my family. We decided to wait to tell anyone until after the first OB appointment. Since that was done in the beginning of January, all we had to do is find the right date to tell my parents.

I decided to make it part of birthday weekend. Since my birthday is Jan 18 and my dad's is Jan 20, we try to celebrate together whenever possible. My parents decided to come visit us for my dad's birthday. They drove up early Saturday morning and I had the gifts wrapped and ready to go.

The first thing I gave my dad was this:

The right side has a picture from our first OB appointment. The left side has this little poem:

After being really surprised, he asked if I was serious. I said yes and he started crying. My mom was still clueless, so he just handed her the frame and she read it. Then she started crying too.

It was the best feeling. They were happy and hugging us and crying. They are going to great grandparents!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment